Recipe for gently boiling chicken breasts. By coating the meat with dog-tooth violet starch and boiling it gently, the chicken breasts will remain soft and tender.
Instead of a chicken-based chashu for ramen, we also recommend the chicken breasts to be used as a delicious salad topping.
- Chicken breasts 600g
- Salt 12g (approx. 2% of chicken weight)
- Sugar 24g (approx. 2% of chicken weight
- Potato starch (moderate amount)
- First, mix salt and sugar into the chicken breasts and let sit for 2 hours.
- Then, completely coat the meat with the potato starch.
Next, bring a pot of water to a gentle boil with enough water to will allow the chicken breasts to be completely submerged. Then place the chicken breasts into the pot and turn of the heat. Leave them covered in the pot for 1 hour.
- Finally, take the chicken out of the water and cut them into slightly, large pieces.